Friday, September 14, 2012
7QT: Can't a girl get eye surgery?
1. This summer, I went to a Kelly Clarkson concert with a friend for my birthday. Kelly was a phenomenal singer! She sang live the entire time and sounded exactly as she does on the radio. I was so impressed and had an amazing time.
2. I am loving her recent single Dark Side.
3. This week, I've been feeling really frightened and disheartened by the violence erupting in the Mid East. Pray for peace! Pray for a love of true freedom! And pray for our dear Pope as he travels the region.
4. Today I'm wearing a red shirtwaist dress and leopard heels. I feel so feminine! Maybe I'll make it my mission to invest in more shirtwaist dresses. They are so easy to wear and such a mood booster! Form-fitting, classy, and fun.
5. I didn't do anything super exciting this week. Visited a friend, watched the first episode of X Factor (oh, Britney Spears, I still love you!), went to the bank, borrowed books from the library, and printed some pics at CVS...
6. My boyfriend is visiting this weekend, and we are planning on being lazy. Hopefully we'll lounge on the beach with our books and have a picnic. I will also be lectoring on Sunday.
7. Yesterday I got a postcard in the mail reminding me it's time for my yearly eye exam. It certainly is. In the past month, my vision has definitely worsened, and I'm a bit distraught about it. Everything is a little bit more blurry, even things close to me. I've always wanted Lasik eye surgery, but I believe your eyes have to be stable for 2 years before you're eligible. Grr!
Have a great weekend!