Friday, September 21, 2012
1. Last weekend was very restful. My boyfriend and I went to confession on Saturday (clean souls, woo!), made a meatloaf dinner together for my family, took naps, read, and bummed around.
2. Do you have signs that you're extremely worried? I do. I get this annoying tick in my left eye, and I have disturbing dreams. This morning I woke up to puffy eyes and mascara smeared all over my fingers. I have an idea or two about what's worrying me, so please say a few prayers for my intention! Thanks so much.
3. What are you reading? I just finished Liz Curtis Higgs' Here Burns My Candle, a Scottish Christian tale set in 18th century. This book is a retelling of the story of Ruth, and it was good, but not as magnificent as Higgs' Lowland of Scotland trilogy, which retells the story of Jacob, Leah, and Rachel!
4. I do find it funny that people often quote, "Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God" (Ruth 1:16) for weddings. Ruth said that to her mother-in-law!
5. If you live in the NYC-metro area, please Like the new page for the Diocese of Rockville Centre's Faith on Tap series! Check it out! http://www.facebook.com/DRVCFaithOnTap The next event is on Monday and will cover Catholic social teaching and the upcoming election! Sure to be very informative!
6. My little sister has settled in nicely at The Catholic University of America. She called me with a surprise this week - her academic adviser is a classmate of mine! What a small Catholic world :D
7. Today is the last day of summer. Goodbye, sweet season! I am looking forward to wearing boots again but the temperature is a little too cold for my liking already.
Have a wonderful weekend!