Friday, October 5, 2012
#7QT: Hooray for sunshine!
1. The 80's engagement party I attended last weekend was awesome! The bride and groom-to-be were dressed as Princess Buttercup and Westley from the Princess Bride, there was a Pac-Man dessert table, more mullets and long wigs than I've seen in ages, and 80's jams rocked the dance floor.
2. On Monday, I rode my bike to and from the library, which totaled 3.4 miles! As a kid, I rode to the library all the time (nerd alert) and after getting through the pain of the first five minutes, it was just as much fun as I remembered. The big hill is still big!
3. On Tuesday, I had signed up for the 40 Days for Life. I had specifically picked Tuesday because when I looked at the weather a week ago, it was the warmest, sunniest day in the midst of a week of rain. Why do all pro-life rallies take place during the cold, rainy weather times?! God wanted to test my devotion...it rained, of course!
4. My mom is fearless when outside Planned Parenthood. She tries to wave down every car going in and every car going out, and a few times people did stop and chat with her. She was able to hand out some pamphlets and encourage people who are seeking testing and contraceptives to go elsewhere.
5. Since I am fair skinned, I try to have my skin looked over by a doctor every few years. Yesterday, the doctor removed two freckles to have them biopsied. Please pray they are normal; although, if they are normal, I am mad two chunks of my skin were removed! As silly as it sounds, I was fond of those freckles. I feel very confident they will be fine, as they weren't grossly misshapen or anything like that.
6. This weekend is Respect Life Sunday! Say a prayer that we as a country will protect the lives and dignity of human beings from womb to tomb.
7. The sun is shining for the first time in days; it is Friday; I am happy!
Have a great weekend!