Friday, February 1, 2013
#7QT: Short Lil Snippets
1. This week I tried to get into healthy eating/working out/wedding prep mode. I switched up some of my usual lunches for salads, worked out twice (!!), and tried to get a little more sleep. I've been having random bouts of insomnia and have started taking melatonin an hour before bedtime. It seems to be helping!
2. Emily introduced me to the Abs by April challenge. It involves holding a plank for as long as you can each day and then doing the other ab challenges a few times per week. I'm a week behind (only week 1), so next week I'm going to jump right into week 3.
3. My plank times were:
Monday - 1:45
Tuesday - 2:07
Wednesday - 1:47
Thursday - 2:01
Friday - TBD
4. Please check out this delightful video of Julie smashing cake in her groom's face.
5. Have you missed the Bright Maidens? We've missed blogging with you! Next Wednesday, February 6th we're going to host a Lenten prep link up. What are your ideas for growing closer to the Lord during Lent? We want to know!
6. Ok, tell me the truth - what is the point of engagement photos? If our wedding is less than 4 months away, should we still take them? We've already sent out our Save the Dates, and our wedding photography package doesn't include them. What would the purpose of them be?
7. I tweeted and Facebooked this post all over the place but I want to share it again. Amanda writes beautifully about the Catholic Single state:
"I get troubled about the single life. My friends get troubled about the single life. When will our knight in shining armor appear? So often we get stuck praying, “Father, save me from this hour! This single life is lonely and sad and I am tired of watching all of my friends get married and have babies. When will it be my turn?”...It is in those moments of feeling troubled about the single life that I can relate to Jesus’ prayer, “Father, save me from this hour!” But it is also in that troubled hour that I completely forget about the rest of Jesus’ prayer, “But it was for this purpose that I came to this hour.”
Have a wonderful weekend!