Friday, February 8, 2013
7QT: The Snowy Edition
1. Happy Friday! Last Saturday, I picked up my new glasses...and I can see! I can read the words on the tv! It's a miracle! I delayed buying new glasses for almost 5 months because they always wind up being more expensive than I anticipate. I shouldn't have, though...the headaches, strained eyes, and general discomfort are not worth having extra cash in my bank account.
2. #AbsByApril Challenge Update: I never started the additional workouts, whoops, but I've kept up with my plank-a-day! This week's times are:
Monday - elbows plank - 2:03
Tuesday - elbows plank - 2:10
Wednesday - elbows plank - 2:05
Thursday - switch between left/right/regular plank - 2:08
Friday - TBD!
3. As part of the bishops' Call to Prayer for Life, Marriage, and Religious Liberty, you can now pledge to offer up your Friday acts of penance, particularly fasting and abstinence from meat, for the renewal of a culture of life, marriage, and religious liberty. Sign up here! See if you can spot my name ;)
4. How do you prepare for a blizzard? I went to the library and checked out books and movies! Moneyball for the fiance; The Time Travelers Wife for me!
5. When I studied and lived in Switzerland for two years, I used to cook for myself all the time. They were simple things, though: my own version of stir-fry, parmesan chicken with pasta, fruit, meat and cheese platters, apple pancakes.
Once I transferred to a college in America, I stopped, and once I moved back home, I really stopped. My mom does most of the cooking for our family and she makes wonderful chicken marsala, pot roasts, penna ala vodka, and more!
In the spirit of marriage prep, I've been trying to prepare food more often. This week I made potato soup with broccoli and carrots! My dad ate two bowls!
6. Once again, I won't be spending St. Valentine's Day with my Valentine! Oh well. We're used to it at this point. It will be such a treat when we're married and can actually spend our birthdays and Valentine's Day together! Darn this long distance but praise God it's almost over!
7. Check back in a few hours for my Live Lent! Bright Maidens' post! Update: Now posted!