1. Last Saturday, Bryan attended my Diocese's Men's Conference, while I volunteered to staff the Women's Conference promotional table and to pray for the men attending. My friend and I even snuck in to hear Tim Staples from Catholic Answers talk about the Eucharist!
2. One of the pro-life flyers I took home from the Conference shook me to my core. It was a picture of a serene, tiny baby; the pamphlet was folded in half with the words, "This little girl is a victim of child abuse." When I opened it, I read that this little girl's life had been ended through abortion. She was 24 weeks old.
I put down the pamphlet and began to sob.
3. Unfortunately, my New York State Governor Cuomo has never had an experience like this. In his 2013 State of the State message, he has vowed to expand the "women's agenda" in our state. His abortion expansion bill would:
- permit unlimited late-term abortion on demand
- allow non-physicians to perform abortions
- classify abortion as a "fundamental right" under the right to privacy
- endanger the religious liberty of religious hospitals and hospital staff
- could undermine funding to the state's maternity programs
5. These Quick Takes are serious! I feel so upset over this issue this week. May the hearts and minds of those seeking to push abortion agendas be changed.
6. How are your Lenten resolutions going? I've been okay with reading a chapter of the Bible each night; I forgot a few times but have mostly settled into the habit!
7. Hopefully before our wedding, I'll be ready to publish the story of how Bryan and I were brought together by God. Look at the pretty graphic I made to go along with it!