Friday, January 10, 2014
#7QTs: Down the Blogging Rabbit Hole
1. Hi there! How is 2014 going for you so far? I have to tell you, I am so relieved - now that the holiday season is over, I'm much more relaxed! Christmas and New Year's Eve were fun but quick, quick, quick! This was the first year that Bryan and I went without a few days break; we had to work half of Christmas Eve, then rush down to Long Island, enjoy most of Christmas day, and then rush back to CT late Christmas night, so we could work December 26th. If you had some days off or got to experience extra hours with loved ones, I hope you savored it!
2. The day after my wedding, I stopped taking my acne medication because of a bad reaction to it. Since then, my acne has returned with a vengeance! A visit to a new dermatologist last month went poorly. Apparently since I hope to get pregnant in the next year, there is "nothing that can be done" to help my skin. No changes in diet, no topical treatments, no different routines - everything is "inconclusive." Well, I asked my parents to gift me with this Oily/Combination Regimen from Desert Essence and so far, I think it's making a small improvement! Do you have any advice for someone dealing with hormonal acne and is looking for a natural remedy?
3. What are you reading? Ever since I went to a Theology on Tap that dealt with theological differences between Islam and Christianity, I've been interested in delving a bit more into the religion. My Isl@m by Amir Ahmad Nasr is a striking memoir of a young man who grows up as a third-culture kid, someone who can't fit into his native Sudan, new homeland Qatar, or later Malaysia, and who falls through the blogging rabbit hole and confronts his upbringing.
The craziest part of this memoir? Amir is only one year older than me! His memoir shows how some changes have taken place since Ayaan Hirsi Ali's childhood (of Infidel-fame) and how the internet is helping promote positive change. Since we're bloggers, I thought this was very cool!
4. In Polar Vortex fashion, we feasted on homemade broccoli cheddar & Yukon gold potato soup (could it have a longer name??) and chili this week. Yum!
5. During Advent, I treasured The Greatest Gift by Ann Voskamp. Her Advent guided-meditation book helped me focus on the Lord, why His coming is such a gift, and my desire to grow closer to Him. I've now picked up One Thousand Gifts from the library! In it, she challenges herself and the reader to live fully right where you are. So everyday, I'm looking out for the little and big gifts God sends my way!
6. This week God gifted me with...a mouse. Yep. One of these days I'll expound on that!
7. We received the proof of our wedding album and are totally thrilled with it! The finished product is going to be amazing!
Have a great weekend!